Avoid Non-Medical Rehab
Posted on 11/16/18: Addiction Recovery \ Addiction Treatment
Not all rehab centers are out to scheme and prioritize income over their patient’s well-being. There are honest, genuine people out there who have dedicated their lives to helping addicts find sobriety. But among the roses there are always thorns, and in this situation they come in the form of unethical rehab centers who are out to sell you a dream and nothing more.
Some centers purposely deny their clients proper treatment to save themselves money. Either the treatment needed is too expensive, too difficult, or too time-intensive to administer. Others provide treatments that are not suitable for certain addictions, putting a patient’s health in serious danger. There are no easy fixes when it comes to treating addiction, and it is completely immoral for an established facility to shortchange their patients. Especially when their patients are in such a vulnerable, sensitive state. At Sober Living AZ, we utilize all of our resources because we are committed to helping addicts in every way possible. Our mission is to provide the best care we can, ensuring each patient receives all of the tools necessary to achieve sobriety.
The Issues with Non-Medical Rehabs
Addicts are losing their lives in non-medical rehabs: faulty treatment centers are going to ridiculous lengths to make money from the very same people who come to them for help. Several rehab centers have found ways to profit from insurance companies offering coverage for medical therapies and interventions by keeping the money for themselves.
This is why it has become so important to do research before enrolling in a treatment center. People are dying in these facilities because they are not getting proper care and attention during recovery, or aren’t receiving the right treatments to begin with.
These non-medical rehab centers operate without the supervision of a medical professional. Sober Living AZ treats the lives of patients with the same care as if they were our own. All of our addiction treatments and therapies are closely administered by reputable doctors to ensure that no patient’s health nor safety is compromised.
How To Tell if a Facility is a Fraud
It is understandable that many people don’t take the time to do research before enrolling a loved one into rehab. The desire to get an addict into treatment can be so strong that warning signs can be easily overlooked. Thankfully, medical experts and law enforcement officials are urging people to be cautious about rehab centers by taking the time to do their research before enrolling themselves or a loved one into a facility.
Below are some telltale signs that a non-medical rehab center lacks legitimacy:
- Generic advertisements and lackluster websites that don’t provide sufficient information on the types of treatments they offer. Chances are, they’re looking to get your contact information to sell to a third party for profit. If the website doesn’t even provide the most basic treatment descriptions, it’s time to take your business elsewhere.
- When the person you’re speaking to seems to be marketing the treatment programs, but not offering genuine help and information. Patient “brokers” exist and they get paid for connecting clients to treatment centers, whether those centers are right for the clients or not.
- When the treatment center offers you a sober home rent-free, as long as you enroll in a particular treatment program. No program comes free of charge, and this is their way of getting your foot in the door. Don’t be tempted by these types of offers.
- When a treatment center offers to cover your insurance costs or waive deductibles and co-payments.
- Treatment center that collect minimal information about patients when enrolling. Patient history is one of the most important components in knowing how to move forward with treatment, and this initial lack of care and attention should serve as a huge red flag.
When you are deciding on a treatment center, call the center and clarify any uncertainties. At Sober Living AZ, we encourage clients to ask questions about our treatment programs. We also share information with anyone who inquires about our services. We also obtain as much information about a client as possible in order to provide them with the appropriate treatment.
Take Your Time
It can be challenging when you need to find a treatment center fast: you’re ready to start your recovery and the desire to enroll as soon as possible can result in quick action. But it is very important to remember that you may be putting a life at risk if you overlook warning signs and enroll yourself or a loved one in a faulty treatment center. Sober Living AZ offers legitimate programs and services, operated by some of the most qualified professionals in the nation. The treatment we provide never has to be questioned, call us today to speak to one of our medical professionals one-on-one.
Content for Sober Living Arizona by Cohn Media, LLC. Passionate and creative writing and broadcasting, covering the following industries: addiction rehab, health care, entertainment and technology. Advocate of clear communication, positivity and humanity at its best. www.cohn.media
Content for Sober Living AZ and Arizona Addiction Recovery Centers created by Cohn Media, LLC. Passionate and creative writing and broadcasting, covering the following industries: addiction rehab, health care, entertainment, technology and advocate of clear communication, positivity and humanity at its best. www.cohn.media
Talk to Someone Who’s Been There. Talk to Someone Who Can Help. Sober Living AZ holds the highest accreditation (Joint Commission) and is Arizona’s premier rehab facility since 2007. Call 602.737.2458
If you or someone you know needs help with addiction, contact Sober Living of AZ now to get the help you need. Sober Living offers an acclaimed recovery environment that merges upscale and luxury accommodations with affordability, clinical expertise and an unwavering commitment to patient care and aftercare. Call us now at 602-737-2458.